What we do:
Our purpose is to protect & restore Alabama's rivers. To do this, we advocate smart water policy, organize at the grassroots level, and teach citizens how they can protect their water. We are privately funded and accomplish our mission with the financial support of people like you. Our goal is to achieve healthy rivers, healthy people, and a healthy system of government for the state of Alabama.
TAKE ACTION FOR CLEAN WATER
Tell your legislator that Alabama needs to find new revenue to protect clean water.
Under these cuts:
· ADEM would get $0 from the General Fund and would actually have to send the state $9.5 Million from the water permit program.
· ADEM will no longer be able to conduct fish testing to determine if the fish are safe to eat.
· ADEM will not be able to conduct inspections and take enforcement action against polluters.
· ADEM will likely lose its authority to issue discharge permits.
· DCNR will be forced to close up to 15 of Alabama’s State Parks and let go hundreds of workers across the state.
This is no way to run a state government. Clean water and
public lands should not be victims of political brinksmanship. Please
contact your State Legislators and tell them its time to act responsibly, Find
New Revenue, and reject the “Austerity Budget.”
You can find you legislators’ information here: http://capwiz.com/state-al/home/