What we do:
Our purpose is to protect & restore Alabama's rivers. To do this, we advocate smart water policy, organize at the grassroots level, and teach citizens how they can protect their water. We are privately funded and accomplish our mission with the financial support of people like you. Our goal is to achieve healthy rivers, healthy people, and a healthy system of government for the state of Alabama.
Register now for the 17th Annual Alabama Water Rally!
- Register now! Deadline is February 14, 2014. Space is limited!
2015 Alabama Water Rally Features
This year's Alabama Water Rally will feature:
- The opportunity to influence the work of the Alabama Rivers Alliance to have a positive impact that will benefit communities across our state
- Accommodations in the beautiful lodge at idyllic Lake Guntersville State Park
- Unsurpassed networking opportunities with conservation professionals
- Friday night River Hero Banquet and Award Ceremony
- Saturday workshops and training sessions by local and regional experts
- Saturday keynote by Catherine Flowers, founder and director of the Alabama Center for Rural Enterprise and Rural Development Manager at Equal Justice Initiative
- Saturday night entertainment featuring live music and a contra dance with The Sparklers
- Sunday field trips--paddling opportunities available for beginning to intermediate paddlers and a guided bald eagle hike with naturalist Linda Reynolds who started Alabama's Eagle Awareness program