- This event has passed.
Alabama the Beautiful: Taking Care of our State
April 29, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Love the outdoors? Gotta’ boat, fish, or hunt? Or, just want your kids to be able to swim in clean lakes and breathe healthy air?
Then join us when Forward Alabama, H.I.V.E. Alabama and MAD?Make a Difference present Alabama the Beautiful: Taking Care of our State on Monday, April 29, 2019 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Homewood Public Library.
Hear from the amazing organizations working hard to protect, preserve and advocate locally for our waters and air, and learn how we can be proud stewards of our state’s great natural resources. Speakers include:
- Michelle Blackwood & Henry Hughes, Friends of Shades Creek
- Kirsten Bryant , Outreach Director, GASP
- Mollie Erickson, Precious Plastics Alabama
- Cindy Lowry, Executive Director, Alabama Rivers Alliance
- John Northrop, Citizens’ Climate Lobby
- Beth Stewart, Executive Director, Cahaba River Society
If you love Alabama, and want to keep it beautiful, you will get involved!