- This event has passed.
Locust Fork River Clean Up!
July 10 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Every month community friendly volunteers are meeting to clean-up 6 sites of the Locust Fork River in Blount County.
- 9 am Swann Covered Bridge – led by Sam Howell – 1590 Swann Bridge Rd, Cleveland, AL 35049
- 10 am Little Warrior Low Water Bridge – led by Danya King –
- 10 am Horton Mill – led by Betty Osborne – Ebell Rd and Covered Bridge Circle, off Hwy 75, Oneonta, Al 35121
At 3 sites volunteers clean up weekly, if you want to participate email Mari at [email protected]
- Mardis Mill Falls – led by Alden Brindle – 546 Mardis Mill Rd, Blountsville, AL 35031
- Taylor Ford – led by Ana Self
- Crooked Shoal Bridge – led by Sam Howell are being cleaned on different days.**
Please bring water, light gloves, a 5 gallon bucket, sturdy shoes, and a playful attitude. And wear a mask when we gather at the start of the cleanup. A representative from FLFR will supply trash-pickers and bags.
Register to sign the waiver and write the site you plan to be at in the “message of support”.
Updates or last minute cancellations will be posted on FLFR’s Facebook page. Need more information? email [email protected]