MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Click here to download a pdf version of the Memorandum of Understanding.
Thank you for becoming a member of the Alabama Rivers Alliance.
Group membership in our Alliance means being part of a statewide network of organizations that are all working toward the common goals of protecting Alabama’s rivers, environment and communities. It allows you to take advantage of a set of exclusive membership benefits and support resources, amplifying your organization’s impact. It also strengthens our unified voice for river advocacy across the state.
WHAT YOU GET WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIP:
- Strengthening Your Organization – ARA can assist you with board development, strategic and annual planning, fundraising planning, strategizing and implementing advocacy campaigns, membership programs, social media setup and campaign training, volunteer management and more.
- Statewide Coordination and Networking – dedicated staff that helps connect groups to share their success and issues. There is strength in numbers, both in advocating and in problem solving.
- Representation in Montgomery – ARA has a registered lobbyist who represents the Alliance during the legislative session and attends regulatory agency meetings throughout the year to defend your interests and the interests of our rivers in important statewide conversations and decision-making.
- Events Calendar – We’ll add your group’s events to the calendar on our website. People in your area may discover your organization this way, and we’ll promote your events across the state and online. See our events calendar by clicking here.
- Alliance Group Member Page – Let others know about your group as they search our site for ways to get involved locally. Add your logo, mission, website, contact info, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Targeted News and Alabama Watershed Updates – We occasionally send emails targeted exclusively for ARA member organizations. Find out about funding and workshop opportunities, action alerts, up-to-date data, scientific reports and other news you can use.
- Speakers for your meetings – ARA has created a “Speakers Bureau” of staff and other professionals and scientists who can provide a program at your meeting.
- Technical Assistance – We can help diagnose your issues and identify appropriate state agencies to contact, as well as connect you to scientific expertise and opportunities for public involvement.
- Consulting and Meeting Facilitation – ARA offers consulting for member organizations. Sometimes an organization or coalition may work better with a neutral party leading the meeting. We have experience in managing meetings and can help you achieve your goals efficiently.
- Sample Documents and Resources – There’s usually no need to reinvent the wheel and ARA has time-tested templates for critical documents including: bylaws, sample grant proposals, strategic plans and more.
- Annual Water Rally Discounts – The annual conference is Alabama’s premier education and networking event for those interested in water protection. Each year the conference brings together more than 100 attendees from a variety of backgrounds to share, network and learn. ARA members get discounts on registration and priority for scholarships. Click here for more information about Alabama Water Rally.
- Promote Your Organization – Member groups can set up tables at most of our events for free to promote your organization or cause.
WHAT WE ASK OF YOUR GROUP:
- Have your group become a paying member and renew annually to help support our statewide work and all of the work we do to support this alliance.
- Attend at least one of our major events: Wild and Scenic Film Festival, #DefendRivers paddle, Alabama Water Rally, Rivers of Alabama Day (Legislative Day in Montgomery).
- Participate with Alabama Rivers Alliance’s legislative agenda.
- Share and encourage your members to respond to ARA Action Alerts.
- Encourage your members to meet with their legislators, especially on Rivers of Alabama Day.
- Invite ARA to do a community presentation about the Alabama Water Agenda or about water policy in Alabama and its effects at the local level.
- Keep us informed of your meetings and outings so we can assist in promotion and can place your events on our statewide web based calendar.
- Familiarize yourself with the Alabama Water Agenda, why it is important, and why your group is an essential part of this alliance.
- Keep us informed of any problems in your watershed.
- Proudly show you are an Alliance member! Add the ARA logo to your website or other publications.
Our statewide voice is stronger when we all work together!