The 17th annual Alabama Water Rally was the largest ever, with nearly 150 attendees in attendance!
It was also our most diverse conference to date. With our theme of “Growing Together, Flowing Together,” participants truly got into the experience of engaging in interactive planning around issues and learning from each other about work going on across the state.
One of the highlights of the weekend was our diversity panel, which worked to foster discussion around challenging issues in order to help us all better understand ourselves and each other.
We were also happy to have the opportunity to honor some very special heroes of Alabama’s environmental movement at this year’s River Celebration Awards Banquet. Click here to learn more about the River Celebration Awards.
2015 Alabama Water Rally Features
- The opportunity to influence the work of the Alabama Rivers Alliance to have a positive impact that will benefit communities across our state
- Accommodations in the beautiful lodge at idyllic Lake Guntersville State Park
- Unsurpassed networking opportunities with conservation professionals
- Friday night River Hero Banquet and Award Ceremony
- Saturday workshops and training sessions by local and regional experts
- Saturday keynote by Catherine Flowers, founder and director of the Alabama Center for Rural Enterprise and Rural Development Manager at Equal Justice Initiative
- Saturday night entertainment featuring live music and a contra dance with The Sparklers
- Sunday field trips–paddling opportunities available for beginning to intermediate paddlers and a guided bald eagle hike with naturalist Linda Reynolds who started Alabama’s Eagle Awareness program