2023 Kid’s Day on the River with Friends of the Locust Fork River
June 10 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Kids Day on the River (KDOR) with the Friends of the Locust Fork River will be on Saturday, June 10th. Our award-winning program for children and their families is fun-filled, activity packed, and completely FREE, including lunch! Registration required!
Located on the banks of the beautiful Locust Fork River, KDOR gives kids hands-on experience with the river! Stations for 2023:
- Get to know the Raptors – Rise Raptor Project
- Wild About Nature! Children’s author Heather Montgomery
- Reptiles & Amphibians – Jimmy Stiles, herpetologist
- Learn to Kayak – Bob Shepard and Birmingham Canoe Club paddlers
- Creepy Critters – Chris Cleveland, educator
- Point and Nonpoint source pollution – Jayme Oates, Legacy Environmental Education
- Art by the River – artist Kason Cole
FLFR’s yearly event since the year 2000 (except during COVID). Come experience why KDOR received the 2008 BEEP Award (Best Environmental Education Program) from the Environmental Education Association of Alabama. Since 2015 we are listed as one of the activities of the Blount County Schools Summer Programs.
Registration is REQUIRED to attend the event, so we can determine how much lunch we will serve. A week before the event directions to location will be sent to all those who registered. Expect an email from [email protected] and/or text from (256) 887-4248.