- This event has passed.
ASAN’s Regional Food & Farm Forums
September 29, 2016 @ 9:30 am
ASAN’s annual series of Regional Food & Farm Forums will convene farmers, gardeners, community leaders, and good food advocates to cross-pollinate and learn from one another, in four locations around the state (see below).
ABOUT THE REGIONAL FORUMS:
The Regional Forums are training and networking events that bring together small-scale and sustainable farmers, gardeners, community leaders, and good food advocates. Each Regional Forum consists of roundtable discussions on a wide variety of food- and farming-related topics, an experiential learning component (such as a farm tour or mini-workshop), and a locally-sourced meal.
These events are made to be accessible to people of all levels of skill and experience, with the goal of creating a platform for peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and relationship-building within the region where each Forum is held (and across the state). Through the Forums, ASAN seeks to create the spark for collaborative relationships that can flourish and grow even after each event has ended.
The Regional Forums are ASAN’s anchor events series, and if you’ve ever been to one, you know that’s for good reason.
- Thursday 9/29: Wind Creek Casino in Atmore (in partnership with the Poarch Band of Creek Indians)
- ** Planning meeting ** Tuesday 8/16, 9:30-11:30am, Poarch Creek Tribal Council Auditorium (Building 500)
- Monday 10/10: Kymulga Grist Mill in Childersburg
- ** Planning meeting ** Monday 8/22, 12:30-2:30pm, Kymulga Grist Mill
- Friday 10/28: McDowell Farm School in Nauvoo (in partnership with the Sierra Club of Alabama – see note below)
- ** Planning meeting ** Date/time TBD, McDowell Farm School
- Thursday 12/1: University of West Alabama in Livingston
- ** Planning meeting ** Thursday, 10/13, 2-4pm, Univ. of West Alabama (Land Hall)
click here for more information from ASAN.