- This event has passed.
Watershed Planning Workshop with Alabama Watershed Stewards
September 29 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$20
Watershed planning is a voluntary integrated approach to address water quality issues and opportunities by considering the watershed as a whole. These one-day in person workshops introduce the process of watershed planning for communities as a voluntary way to plan for a community’s water future and gain opportunities for project funding. Hosted by Alabama Watershed Stewards and the AU Water Resources Center.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Community leaders, municipal officials, planners, watershed coordinators, environmental groups, interested citizens.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
1. Watershed planning – what it means and how it works
2. The basics of watershed health
3. Identify challenges and opportunities in your community
4. Explore funding opportunities related to water improvement projects
5. Leverage water resources and community development
6. Identify priorities and next steps
Alabama Water Watch is offering a training in tandem with this workshop. See more below.
Cost – $20 0.65 CEUs (6.5 hours)