Leave a Gift for ARA in Your Will or Trust
Planning for the future and creating the legacy you wish to leave is one of the most effective ways to ensure a lasting impact on Alabama’s 132,000 miles of rivers and streams. Making a gift in your will or living trust can guarantee that your legacy continues.
Your gift may be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate or the remainder after all other provisions are specified. Below is suggested language to take to your attorney for use in drafting your bequest.
- Contact Martin Taylor at [email protected] for additional information or to chat more about the different options for including ARA in your will or estate plan.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- For an unrestricted gift that allows Alabama Rivers Alliance to determine how to use the funds based on the most pressing needs, use the following sample language for your will and/or trust:
” I give the sum of $___ (or ___%) to Alabama Rivers Alliance, 2014 6th Avenue North, Suite 200 | Birmingham, AL 35203, Tax ID 63-1186023, to be used as its Board of Directors deems appropriate in its sole discretion.”
Gift of Stock
ARA accepts gifts of publicly traded as well as closely held securities including stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. This type of gift may be transferred electronically or delivered in certificate form. Contact Cindy Lowry at [email protected] to learn how.
Protect Your Legacy
If you’re 70.5 years or older, you can direct transfer up to $100,000 from your IRA to support Alabama Rivers Alliance.
This will help you:
- satisfy some or all of your required minimum distribution for the year
- reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- make a gift to us that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- use your rollover to make payments on an existing pledge to ARA
Now is the time to create your legacy and protect Alabama’s 132,000 miles of rivers and streams for generations to come.
Contact us to learn more! Email Martin Taylor at [email protected].
*individual tax situations vary. Please consult with your financial planner or tax adviser too.